Over the past 30 years, the Huntington Theatre Company has developed into Boston’s leading theatre company. A national leader in the development of new plays, the Huntington has produced 83 New England, American, or world premieres to date, with three world premieres scheduled for the 2011 – 2012 Season, and its nationally recognized education and community programs serve 25,000 young people and underserved audiences each year.
The Huntington earned its reputation by bringing together superb local and national talent and by consistently producing a mix of exciting new works, and classics made current. Winning 39 Elliot Norton awards in the process and sending over a dozen shows to Broadway.
The Huntington Theatre Company engaged Korn Design in preparation for their 30th anniversary celebration. Using this milestone as the trigger, Korn Design launched a new identity and visual system that reflects the amazing energy and leading-edge work of the company both, on the stage and deep in the greater Boston community.
• Tell the complete Huntington story in a clear and compelling way
• Increase awareness of all the amazing things the Huntington does beyond its productions—from the Huntington Playwriting Fellows program and the subsidized student matinee series to the Emerging America Festival
• Develop a cohesive look, feel, and tone for the Huntington that distinguishes it from other theatres and arts organizations
• Provide a clear strategy and framework for messaging and communications
• Celebrate the past 30 years while generating excitement and momentum for the Huntington’s next 30 years (and beyond)
• Fully support their mission:
The Huntington Theatre Company engages, inspires, entertains and challenges audiences with theatrical productions that range from the classics to new works; they train and support the next generation of theatre artists; provide arts education programs that promote life-long learning to a diverse community; and celebrate the essential power of the theatre to illuminate our common humanity.
The new identity aims to represent the artistic vision and leadership of Artistic Director, Peter DuBois and Managing Director, Michael Maso. The bold campaign paints Boston with a suite of vibrant colors, bold typography and simple graphic icons remaining fresh for each show of the season.
The new messaging and look were launched and featured in the Huntington’s promotional campaign for the season’s opening production, Candide, which went on to become the second highest-grossing production in the company’s history.
30 years of productions
The Huntington has won 39 Elliot Norton awards and sent over a dozen shows to Broadway.